Planning a Visit
- What are services like? Gospel Life’s services are intentionally designed to be focused on God and driven by the Gospel. We take the Bible very seriously and devote most of the time to hearing it taught and relevantly applied to our lives. Typically the service starts with a welcome and announcements, after which we sing several songs offer prayers and gives tithes & offerings in praise to God. After this we hear a sermon from God’s word, most of which are expository, meaning the point of the sermon comes from a particular passage of scripture.
- What’s the music like? God designed the church to represent a diversity of cultures, ages, and backgrounds so we seek to reflect that in the way we worship. You’ll find a blend of new and old songs, mostly hymns modern and ancient that focus on the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Where does Gospel Life meet? We’re located at 651 W. Piedmont St. in Keyser, WV 26726. You can map to us here.
- What do people wear? You’ll find a wide variety in dress at Gospel Life. Some people wear jeans, some people wear ties, some people wear a tie with their jeans. There’s no dress code; however, most of our services have a business casual feel. On Sunday mornings we try to practice giving God our best, but that looks different for different people. We teach the Biblical principles of modesty, appropriateness, and gender distinction.
A Family Event
Worshiping at Gospel Life is a Family Event with many options for your family.
- Nursery is available for infants through 3 years old. We are also accommodating to nursing mothers; just notify a nursery volunteer of your needs.
- Kids Life is our Children’s Church program. Your kids will sit with you during the music and will be dismissed part-way through the service. Our evening service is a Family Integrated Service in which children join the adults and families worship and learn side by side.
Children are a vital part of our ministry. We don’t see them simply as the Church of tomorrow, they are part of the church today. These ministries are not babysitting services, rather they are disciple-making programs to assist parents in bringing up their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4). Enjoy the worship service knowing your Children are well cared for.
Other stuff you might want to know
Childcare—Nursery is available for infants to 3 years old. Our workers are carefully selected and love caring for your children while you are enjoying the worship experience. Preschool and elementary children have the option of attending Kids Life, our children’s worship service during the main service. They will sit with you for the opening and music and then will be dismissed to Kids Life. Afterward, we have classes for each age that are designed to teach them the Bible and God’s design for their lives.
Parking–Parking is available on site and free of charge.
Handicap Access –There are two handicap parking spaces available on the side of the building with a ramped entrance. Restrooms are also handicap accessible.