Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your child in the nursery. We know that your child is one of the most precious gifts you will ever receive. We do not take lightly the honor of caring for your child during services and events. The following information is to inform you regarding our procedures and guidelines for our nursery ministry.
The purpose of the Gospel Life Nursery Ministry is to serve the children and parents at Gospel Life by providing a safe, clean, and loving childcare environment. We hope our care for your child(ren) will allow you to participate in the multitude of opportunities available here at Gospel Life.
We encourage all parents to use the nursery whenever possible. Care is provided for all services. The nursery facilities are located on the lower level. Should you choose to keep your child with you in the service we encourage you to sit toward the back of the auditorium.
Our nursery workers are trained and prepared to provide the best possible care for your child. All linens, toys, and equipment are cleaned regularly and each baby is given personal attention.
- Signing in: When you bring your child to the nursery, you should sign your child in on the Nursery Registry and give the diaper bag to the nursery worker.
- Special needs/conditions: When signing in your child on the Nursery Registry, it is extremely important that the information is accurate and complete. Please use the “Special Instructions” space to write anything you feel the nursery volunteers should know about your child during his/her stay in the nursery.
- Nursing Mothers: A nursery worker can show you to a private area provided for your convenience.
- Pick up: When you return to pick your child, please remain at the pass-through window of the nursery. We desire a secure environment for all children and it would compromise our security procedure should we allow free entry into the rooms.
- Cry Rule: In most cases a child who is upset with being left in the nursery will stop crying a few minutes after you leave. If, however, your child is inconsolable (15 minutes of non-stop crying) the parents will be notified immediately to come assist.
- Notification: Please make sure that your cell phone is on vibrate. If you are needed during a service you will be notified by either a text message (if a cell phone is available) pager number on screen, or via an usher.
- Out of love for others and for the protection of your child and the other children, parents are requested not to bring a child who appears to be ill. A child should not be placed in the nursery when any of the following exists:
- Fever – currently, or within previous 24 hours
- Vomited in the last 24 hours
- Significant, persistent non-clear nasal drainage
- Any symptoms of a childhood disease, e.g. scarlet fever, German measles, mumps or chicken pox.
- Sore throat
- Contagious skin rash/skin infection
- Pink eye or other eye infection such as discharge from the eye
- We cannot administer any medication.
- If your child is being treated with an antibiotic, he/she should have received treatment for at least 24 hours before being placed in the nursery.
It is an honor to serve you and your children. We see this ministry as a joyful act of worship to our risen Savior.
Should any issue arise or if you have any questions, please contact our nursery coordinator and or a member of the nursery leadership team.
Nursery worker policy can be viewed here.